or

search
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to slow down the flyout?

How to slow down the flyout? 02 Aug 2014 06:05 #7172

• Protopia
Any chance that you can post a short video showing what you mean as this might help to identify a better solution.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to slow down the flyout? 01 Aug 2014 19:32 #7171

• JohnTwenty
Thank you dig814 for your swift reply.

I implemented my "fix" and it turns out, while it does slow down the response time, it doesn't fix the issue. Sadly neither does increasing the over all animation duration. (Which I tried before posting)

I removed the delay again and I still don't know how to fix the dancing menu issue.

The obvious solution would be to switch from hover to click mode, however our principal (who doesn't know too much about websites) insists that we keep hover mode.

The problem seems to be that even if the flyout is delayed, it is still being executed - even if the mouse pointer is somewhere else already.

It would probably help if flyout was only executed if the pointer remained on the menu item for, say, 250ms or so. But again way over my skills.

J.T.

How to slow down the flyout? 01 Aug 2014 18:27 #7170

• dig814
  • Secret Agent
  • Thank you received: 140
Hi,
There is an animation duration setting in the menu. Have you tried adjusting this to see if it can solve your issue? If not, please do this to complete your edit:

Edit this file:
/modules/mod_cinch_menu/tmpl/js/flyout.js.php - Line 69
Change:
$(this).children(".ul-wrapper") .show(<?php echo $duration;?>);
to
$(this).children(".ul-wrapper") .delay(1000) .show(<?php echo $duration;?>);

Thanks
Dan

How to slow down the flyout? 01 Aug 2014 11:59 #7169

• JohnTwenty
Hi,

first of all let me say that I love the Cinch Menu. However, there is one thing I would like to change. I'm having issues with the menu overreacting if you go back and forth between various Menu items.
It will still fly out submenues after the mouse pointer has moved on. This can create infinite flyouts. The only solution then is to withdraw the mouse pointer from the menu altogether and wait for the menu to 'calm down'.

My suggestion would be to insert a short delay (say 150ms or so) before the submenu actually flys out.

Since I'm not really all that firm in JavaScript I can't change it myself :-(

Thanks
J.T.

[Edit:] Here is a link to the website with the menu: http://www.gbg-rheinfelden.de [/Edit]

P.S.: It is not possible to create a new account from within this forum. I got stuck in an infinite redirection loop. I had to create an account on the landing page.
  • Page:
Moderators: dig814

Explore

Your cart is empty.