The new year is off to a great start. Pixel Point Creative is excited to start 2013 at Warp speed, starting with our January template release Inc.
Inc. is our first template on the Warp Framework. Warp is an Open-Source Theme Framework for Joomla and WordPress created by Yootheme which provides a rich tool set to develop cross-platform themes. We wanted a reliable and well crafted framework to build our designs upon. Although it is full featured and well engineered, we think you will find it surprisingly simple to use. We feel that Warp has the best mix of features and simplicity to meet the needs of the widest range of users.
As we say farewell to the Simple Grids Framework, we must give our utmost thanks to YouJoomla for creating a solid and robust framework. It has served as a solid platform for our templates over the past 2 years.
In an effort to unify our templates, we are going to convert all current templates to the Warp Framework over the course of 2013.
Why the BIG Changes?
We are always looking for ways to improve our services and company. We only want what is best for you, us and the future of Joomla. After some extensive research and experimentation, we have determined that the Warp Framework offers the best mix of options, usability, flexibility and stability. Can't think of any other ility's to add. Warp's got them all covered! One of Warp’s key features is its cross-platform compatibility. By design it works with different CMS systems like Joomla or WordPress and can even be extended to support others. Warp has a clean separation between the individual theme and the framework. It is contained in a single folder that is located in your theme’s directory. Applying updates or patches to the framework is easily done, because all the generic framework code can be updated independently from the theme code. Warp also covers all aspects in theme development and uses the latest web technologies: Valid HTML5 markup, an up-to-date CSS framework and additional tools using the latest jQuery version. That enables you to build robust and future-proof websites.
The Warp framework comes with a nice and unobtrusive administration user interface for the theme configuration. It integrates nicely in the Joomla administration while supporting every framework feature. Choose from different style settings and various layout options like the overall theme and sidebar widths, different multi column layouts and many grid options to place modules. All these settings can be applied to single pages which means every page of your website can have its own style and layout – all managed easily from the theme administration.
Here are some of the reasons we chose Warp
- The framework is well designed and coded to provide optimal loading times.
- Completely built on the latest web techniques like HTML5, CSS3 and PHP 5.2+.
- Unobtrusive, compact scripts provide an enhanced user experience.
- Warp is located in its own folder. This makes updating the framework quick and simple.
- Template Profiles. Mix and match features and save custom profiles.
Enhanced User experience
- Admin User Interface: A clearly arranged user interface focused on simplicity.
- Sidebar and Module Layouts: The Warp framework comes with a broad range of layout options.
- Responsive Design: A fully responsive layout that adapts perfectly for all device resolutions like mobiles, tablets and desktops.
- Create custom theme styles: Styles are child themes which inherit or override resources from the default theme.
- Great documentation! We have a NEW tutorials section for Warp templates.
BONUS: In general, older templates usually have less features and are less robust. That is the case here at PPC. As we grew, so did our templates. New features were added as we discovered all that Joomla can do. To really start off the year with a bang, we are book ending our work. We have converted our Adroit template to Warp as well. Now our very first template and our newest template Inc are in Warp. When converted to Warp, ALL templates will be on equal footing, so it won't matter when it was developed. All templates will have all features.